The Site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links. Our affiliates include the following: ● Clickbank and Amazon
Being aware of what causes Forward Head Posture is a good first step to learning how you fix forward head posture. To address this question directly, let’s look to see what the authors for Forward Head Posture Fix have to say, I think you’ll find their opinion to be very direct.
“We’ve developed ugly forward head position or “texting neck” by allowing technology to change our design. We were never designed to be hunched over a keyboard with our shoulders rounded and our head looking down and protruding out. And this is the problem!”(Injury Specialist Rick Kaselj & Mike Westerdal)
Think about this for a moment. Forward Head Posture is not normal for us and it’s directly related to recent technologies and their prolonged, repeated use. As I have mentioned, in my role as a Project Software Manager, I was sitting at a desk all day long, bent over with a forward head posture using my computer. Here are some statistics the authors share:
- “Americans sit for most of their waking hours, 13 hours every day on average.
- In the US, people spend an average of 444 minutes every day looking at screens, or 7.4 hours, according to a 2014 statistic.
- 61% of Americans own a smartphone. Sure, many still own a regular cellphone, with 91% of the adult population owning some sort of mobile phone, according to new research from the Pew Research Center ’s Internet & American Life Project
- All cell phone users in the U.S. are spending about 26 minutes a day texting.
- UK adults spent 2 hours, 26 minutes each day using a mobile device during
- 2015, up 27 minutes from 2014.
- Those 18 to 24-year-old texters send 2,022 texts per month on average.” (Injury Specialist Rick Kaselj & Mike Westerdal)
These statistics really bring to light how common this problem is. And if you look around when you are out you’ll be shocked to discover all of the folks succumbing to the effects of forward head posture. It’s really everywhere you look.
Getting your body back into proper alignment can literally change how you move and function in the world. This is where the author’s system looks to be the fastest way to fix forward head posture. So, don’t be discouraged, the Forward Posture Fix system offers a way to improve your posture. Now that you have a new awareness of the problem, that will probably help lead you to find a way to fix forward head posture fast.
Forward Head Posture Self Assessment: Self Test